Many of us find that our energy levels vary during the day – and with them goes our confidence, our ability to learn new things, keep our temper etc. You can help maintain a productive energy level by following some of these tips.
• Drink plenty of water – keep a big bottle of mineral water (or tap water in a mineral water bottle) on your desk and aim to drink a glass every hour
• Avoid a big lunch, even if someone else is buying
• Eat small amounts regularly, even an apple or a flapjack eaten at your desk in between meals will help to keep you going
• Aim to eat 5-6 small meals each day, rather than 2 or 3 big meals.
• Some people recommend eating early in the evening, rather than 2 or 3 hours before you go to bed
• If you can’t face breakfast, eat a yoghurt or some fruit first thing, and then have something more substantial when you get into the office to keep you going through the day
• Generally avoid stimulants – caffeine, nicotine, sugar. All push your blood sugar levels up temporarily, but you feel more tired and irritable afterwards
• Allow yourself a coffee occasionally if you have a big push on to get something done
• Do some exercise – even walking around the office will help get the blood flowing, especially if you sit at your desk for most of the time
• Have a laugh – if you’re feeling low or down, remember something funny or make yourself do something silly.
We hope the conversations that take place on CHRMGlobal.com will be energetic,constructive, and thought-provoking. To ensure the quality of the discussion, our moderating team will review all comments and may edit them for clarity, length, and relevance. Comments that are overly promotional, mean-spirited, or off-topic may be deleted per the moderators' judgment.