Last post December 9, 2019 10:43 AM by debora. 2 repiles.
Hi All: Would need your help in the following: We have to put in place the conveyance policy, and for the same we need to understand the conveyance norms for employees who use their personal vehicles for business meetings and engagements. Would appreciate if anyone could give me information on the same. Warm Regards,
Conveyance policy could be implemented for the sheer reason of professional usage. 1st try to analyse work related travelling & frequency per person for 3 months.
This will give an idea of financial implecation on the organisation. post conclusion management could approve base amount eg Rs. 6 per km for four wheeler & Rs. 4 per km for two wheeler.
Usage of Official car/taxi booked by admin in this analysis. If cost involved is on lower end it would not be difficult to get management's approval.
Hope this suffice your requirements.
To establish guidance and policy while traveling on official business and to provide procedures for the approval, reimbursement, and control of travel expenses.
This policy applies to internal travel arrangements on approved Company business, regardless of the source of funds, duration of travel or business purpose (e.g. conferences, visiting other Companies, research, generating Company income, consulting, professional development, Training, etc).
3. Standard Operating Procedure
3.1. Travel within the state
• If necessary an employee may use his personal vehicle for short distance travel for business purpose (within the state) – [At respective locations – Subject to max. 200 kms.] Total kms should not exceed more than 1000 kms per month.
• If company finds that the usage is exceeding the limit then it may decide to appoint a regular car on hire.
• The mileage reimbursement allowance covers all automobile related costs.
• Car @ 8/- per Km [Only for Grade 14,15, C-4, C-5, 6-B and 5-A and above] & 2 wheelers @ 3/- per km will be reimbursed at actual.
All requests should be supported by a vehicle requisition form. Annexure I
• The toll and parking fees will be paid extra at actuals.
• Incase employee is working on holidays, the mileage allowance can be reimbursed on approval of HOD with valid reason of working on holidays.
• Anytime an employee attending OD directly from residence without attending office, in such cases the employee would entitled only for the extra kms over and above their normal travel kms from residence to office.
An employee is based at “X” location, and distance between “X” and office is say 50 kms.
If an employee is attending OD which is at “Y” Location and distance between “X” and “Y” is 60 kms then an employee is entitled for only differential kms I.e. 10 kms only.
• Daily logbook should be maintained.
• Guest entertainment will be done on HOD approval.
• Meal expenses of the employee while on OD would be reimbursed against bills as per the entitlement mentioned in Annexure II.
3.2. While on Outdoor Duty within a State
• Mode of Transportation
Eligibility for Taxi with the class of mode given in Annexure II.
Employees may only receive reimbursement for actual, reasonable travel costs up to the limits prescribed in the policy.