Community » HR Forums » Human Resources » Compensation & Benefits» Recovery of incremented salary
Recovery of incremented salary

February 11, 2020 07:18 AM 1
Total Posts: 4
Join Date: January 17, 2013
Rank: Beginner
Post Date: January 1, 1970
Posts: 4
Location: India

Recovery of incremented salary

An employer given salary hike to all it’s employees uniformly based on the salary benchmarking and similar industry practice for retention of employees, then by a common office circular put a condition that if any employee leaves organisation with in a period of one year from the date of salary revision the difference incremented amount will be recovered from Full & final settlement of the concern employee.

Whether it is legal to recover the salary once paid to employee by giving the reference of the circular. In this case no formal agreement was executed between employee and employer or in other word employee has not given any acknowledgment on the condition / circular. Please share your input also share the legal provision avilable.